Talbot Now Offers Classes in partnership with Emmanuel Faith Community Church in Escondido!
Talbot School of Theology at Biola University and Emmanuel Faith Community Church are partnering to equip the Church body for more effective service in Kingdom work. Now offering Talbot courses, including a 50% class tuition discount for new Talbot students! (discount applies to first class taken only)
Apply Today! Classes begin on February 8!
- Hermeneutics with Dr. Walt Russell, Professor of Bible Exposition
- Five Saturday classes at EFCC (February 8, March 1, March 22, April 12, May 10))
- Course work may later be applied toward a Master of Divinity or Master of Arts degree.
- Be equipped for more effective lay ministry, or a way to “try on” seminary for those interested in ministry
If you would like to learn more about this exciting opportunity, please call Steve Jin or Jennifer Dodsworth in the Graduate Admissions office at (562) 903-4752 or email us at email@example.com.
Emmanuel Faith Community Church Extension Application Instructions
- Apply online at talbot.edu/admissions
Choose the option for the EFCC Extension site for the Biblical Studies Certificate and submit your references.
- If you are an EFCC member, you only need a pastoral reference.
- If you are not an EFCC member, the three references – academic, employer, and pastoral – are required.
- An application fee of $55 (non-refundable) must accompany the application.
Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. If you are enrolled at the time the application is filed, please request transcripts of work finished to date and final transcripts upon completion of your course of study. Transcripts must be official, that is, mailed directly from your college or university in a sealed envelope to:
Office of Graduate Admissions
13800 Biola Ave.
La Mirada, CA 90639
1. Divorced/Separated/Remarried applicants: These issues may not disqualify you, however, they have a significant effect on your life and ministry. Therefore, please submit a statement on the online application indicating: the general circumstances (include counseling and attempts at reconciliation) and your view of the biblical teaching on separation, divorce, and remarriage and how your situation relates to that teaching. Please reference appropriate biblical passages. What effect do you perceive it having upon your future ministry?
2. Criminal conviction other than traffic violations: Having been convicted does not necessarily disqualify you, however, it may have an impact upon your life and ministry. Therefore, on the online application, describe the circumstances in full, including date(s) and the name and location of the court(s), nature of the offense(s) and disposition of the case, i.e., sentence imposed, and the impact you perceive it having upon your future ministry.
For any questions about the application process, please contact Steve Jin at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at (562) 903-4752. Upon acceptance, an enrollment deposit of $100 will be required, payable to “Biola University” to the Office of Graduate Admissions. If your plans change, and you do not desire to complete your application, please notify Steve Jin.