Fall: April 15
- Apply Online or Download the Application.
- An application fee of $55 (non-refundable) is required. Pay online through the online application or submit a check payable to Biola University.
- Request official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended. If enrolled at the time application is filed, be sure to request transcripts of work finished to date and final transcripts upon completion of your course of study. Transcripts must be official, that is, mailed directly from your college or university in a sealed envelope to the Office of Graduate Admissions, 13800 Biola Ave.; La Mirada, CA 90639.
- Submit three references. (Online Reference Forms or Download the Reference Forms.)
1. Divorced/Separated/Remarried applicants
These issues may not disqualify you, however, they have a significant effect on your life and ministry. Therefore, please submit a one to two page (we recommend using a text editor like Word and then copying-and-pasting into the online application) statement indicating: the general circumstances (include counseling and attempts at reconciliation) and your view of the biblical teaching on separation, divorce and remarriage and how your situation relates to that teaching. Please reference appropriate biblical passages. What effect do you perceive it having upon your future ministry?
2. Criminal conviction other than traffic violations
Having been convicted does not necessarily disqualify you, however, it may have an impact upon your life and ministry. Please submit a one to two page statement (we recommend using a text editor like Word and then copying-and-pasting into the online application). Describe the circumstances in full, including date(s) and the name and location of the court(s), nature of the offense(s) and disposition of the case, i.e., sentence imposed, and the impact you perceive it having upon your future ministry.
English Proficiency Requirements
You are required to display English proficiency before being admitted into the graduate programs at Biola University. You are required to submit standardized test scores (TOEFL) for application to Biola. TOEFL Scores of 88 IBT and above will go into regular Master's level programs. A score of 100 IBT is required for all ThM, Doctoral, MA Philosophy and the Messianic Jewish Studies MDiv and Certificate programs. Students who do not have a score of 88 IBT will not be considered for a graduate program.
Required Scores: TOEFL 88 IBT
After You Apply
- You will be notified of items needed to complete your file.
- After your complete application has been received, it will be reviewed by an Admissions Committee at the Charles L. Feinberg Center.
- Upon completion of your file and review by committee, an admissions decision will be made. Notification of the decision will be sent by mail.
1. Remit required $100 enrollment deposit payable to "Biola University" to the Office of Graduate Admissions.