|Units by Discipline|
|Total Units||Price per unit||Bible Exposition||Intercultural Studies||Languages||Philosophy||Practical Ministry||Research / Christian Education||Spiritual Formation||Theology||Electives|
The emphases in Missions and Cross Cultural Ministry provides training grounded in a sound biblical and theological framework for effective intercultural ministry (in both local and international contexts) including cultural awareness and sensitivity, understanding regional and national theological issues, ethnicity and ideology, intercultural communication, and the like.
As a result of this program, students will:
- Be able to exegete the social context in which they are called to serve.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the Bible as a salvation history story that progressively reveals God as a missionary God.
- Have a growing awareness of the missionary nature of the triune God and the missionary nature of the church as they integrate world missions into leadership.
- Be able to prepare and present the message of the Bible in a clear, culturally sensitive manner, with sensitivity to storyform of God’s communication.
- Demonstrate passion for world missions by advocating for world missions throughout their entire sphere of influence.
- Demonstrate skills of integrating theological and missiological insights in ministry by engaging in specific cross-cultural tasks in course assignments and the field internship.
- Discover their giftedness in cross-cultural adjustment, their ministry growth challenges and their own personal calling in the kingdom of God.
Students may choose any one of the following concentrations within this program, or take any four of the following courses:
Anthropology (ISAN 528,555,561,631,671,751,761; ISCL 520, 556)
Applied Linguistics (ISAL 520, 525, 529, 535, 646, 648, 679, 683)
Church Planting (ISCL 520, 555, 556, 663, 727, 732, 735, 742, 743, 744, 765)
Cross Cultural Education (ISCL 520, 555, 575, 709, 744)
Linguistics and Biblical Languages (ISAL 520, 521, 523, 525, 529, 535, 648, 650)
Missiology (ISCL 555, 655, 680, 722, 724, 730, 742, 747, 750, 752, 755)
Urban/Multi-ethnic (ISCL 520, 531, 559, 560, 568, 583, 730, 744)
|TTBE 519||Survey of Genesis-Malachi||pre-req|
|TTBE 520||Survey of Matthew-Revelation||pre-req|
|TTBE 517||Hermeneutics and Bible Study Methods||3|
or TTHT 506
or TTHT 514
|Patristic and Medeival Theology
Reformation and Modern Theology
Historical Theology Survey
|TTNT 501||Beginning Greek I||3|
|TTNT 502||Beginning Greek II||3|
|TTNT 503||Introduction to Exegesis||3|
or TTNT 605
|Exegesis in the Gospels
Exegesis in the Epistles
|TTOT 603||Elements of Hebrew I||3|
|TTOT 604||Elements of Hebrew II||3|
|TTOT 703||Introduction to Hebrew Exegesis||3|
|TTOT 722||Advanced Hebrew Reading||2|
|TTPT 591||Introduction to Field Education||1|
|TTPT 609||Expository Preaching||3|
|TTPT 707||Foundations of Pastoral Care and Counseling||2|
|TTSF 501||Introduction to Spiritual Theology and Formation||3|
|TTSF 503||Personal Foundations for Spiritual Formation||3|
|TTSF 504||Spiritual Formation, Vocation, and the Disciplines||1|
|TTSF 505||Talbot Spiritual Direction I||0|
|TTSF 506||Talbot Spiritual Direction II||0|
|TTTH 521||Theology I: God, Scripture, Creation||3|
|TTTH 522||Theology II: Christ, Humanity, Sin, Salvation||3|
|TTTH 623||Theology III: Spirit, Church, Last Things||3|
|ISAN 507||Cultural Anthropology||3|
|ISCL 751||Theology of Mission||3|
|ISCL 791||Field Internship||1|
|ISCL 792||Field Internship||1|
|TTCE 600||Educational Ministry in the Church||3|
|TTPT 592||Field Education II||0|
|TTPT 691||Field Education III||0|
|TTPT 692||Field Education IV||0|
|TTPT 730||Biblical Leadership and Management||3|
|General elective courses||5|
|Cross-Cultural emphasis electives||9|
BOLD courses are now available through an online/hybrid format