|Units by Discipline|
|Total Units||Price per unit||Bible Exposition||Intercultural Studies||Languages||Philosophy||Practical Ministry||Research / Christian Education||Spiritual Formation||Theology||Electives|
The emphasis in Pastoral Care and Counseling provides preparation for ministry to individuals, couples, families and groups focusing on renewal, preparation, enrichment and equipping.
- Develop empathic listening skills and the commitment to use and teach these skills in life and ministry.
- Be aware of their personal issues and the ability and commitment to develop a personal network for growth.
- Develop a commitment to and practice of sound ethical principles related to pastoral ministry.
- Be aware of their limitations, with an ability to diagnose the pathology of individuals, couples, and families and to know how and to whom to refer people to for needed help.
- Be aware of theories and the issues of counseling and the lifespan development of people and have the ability to apply this knowledge in ministry contexts.
- Understand ministry skills and be able to apply them in program development of pastoral ministry.
- Be able, in counseling, to move people from relationship through realization to responsibility.
- Be committed to the application of biblical knowledge and theological foundations in the exercise of ministry skills.
|BE 517||Hermeneutics/Bible Study Methods||3|
|BE 519||Survey of Genesis-Malachi||3|
|NT 503||Introduction to Exegesis||3|
|SF 501||Introduction to Spiritual Theology & Formation||3|
|TH 511||Theology I - Revelation & Nature of God||3|
|SS 510||Theological Research Method||1|
|PT 591||Introduction to field Education||1|
|BE 520||Survey of Matthew-Revelation||3|
|HT 506||Reformation, Modern Theology||3|
|NT 604||Exegesis in the Gospels||3|
|PT 707||Foundations of Past. Care & Counseling||2|
|SF 503||Personal Foundation of Spiritual Formation||3|
|SF 505||Talbot Spiritual Direction||0|
|PT 592||Field Education||0|
|TH 512||Theo II: Works of God, Angels, Man||3|
|CL 555||Introduction to World Missions||3|
|CE 600||Educational Ministry in the Church||3|
|OT 603||Elements of Hebrew I||3|
|PT 609||Expository Preaching||3|
|PT 708||Advanced Pastoral Care & Counseling||3|
|SF 504||Spiritual Formation, Vocation & the Disciplines||0|
|TH 613||Theology III - Christ, Salvation, & the Spirit||3|
|NT 605||Exegesis in the Epistles & Acts||3|
|OT 604||Elements of Hebrew II||3|
|PT 693||PCC Internship I||1|
|TH 614||Theology IV - The Church & Last Things||3|
|PT 703||Church & Society||3|
|PT 740||Issues & Ethics in Ministry||2|
|HT 505||Patristic & Medieval Theology||1|
|OT 705||Exegesis in Genesis & Selected Passages||3|
|PT 604||Pastoral Care & Chaplaincy||3|
|PT 628||Marital Counseling||3|
|Thesis First Draft or Elective||2|
|BE 726||Exposition Methodology in Daniel, Revelation||3|
|PT 716||Addressing Common Pastoral Counseling Concern||3|
|PT 725||Counseling Troubled Families||3|
|Thesis Final Draft or Electives||1-3|
BOLDED courses are available in an Online or Hybrid format