|Units by Discipline|
|Total Units||Price per unit||Bible Exposition||Intercultural Studies||Languages||Philosophy||Practical Ministry||Research / Christian Education||Spiritual Formation||Theology||Electives|
The emphasis in Pastoral Care and Counseling provides preparation for ministry to individuals, couples, families and groups focusing on renewal, preparation, enrichment and equipping.
- Develop empathic listening skills and the commitment to use and teach these skills in life and ministry.
- Be aware of their personal issues and the ability and commitment to develop a personal network for growth.
- Develop a commitment to and practice of sound ethical principles related to pastoral ministry.
- Be aware of their limitations, with an ability to diagnose the pathology of individuals, couples, and families and to know how and to whom to refer people to for needed help.
- Be aware of theories and the issues of counseling and the lifespan development of people and have the ability to apply this knowledge in ministry contexts.
- Understand ministry skills and be able to apply them in program development of pastoral ministry.
- Be able, in counseling, to move people from relationship through realization to responsibility.
- Be committed to the application of biblical knowledge and theological foundations in the exercise of ministry skills.
|TTBE 519||Old Testament Survey||pre-req|
|TTBE 520||New Testament Survey||pre-req|
|TTBE 517||Hermeneutics and Bible Study Methods||3|
or TTHT 506
or TTHT 514
|Patristic and Medieval Theology
Reformation and Modern Theology
Historical Theology Survey
|TTNT 501||Beginning Greek I||3|
|TTNT 502||Beginning Greek II||3|
|TTNT 503||Introduction to Exegesis||3|
or TTNT 605
|Exegesis in the Gospels
Exegesis in the Epistles
|TTOT 603||Elements of Hebrew I||3|
|TTOT 604||Elements of Hebrew II||3|
|TTOT 703||Introduction to Hebrew Exegesis||3|
|TTOT 722||Advanced Hebrew Reading||2|
|TTPT 591||Introduction to Field Education||1|
|TTPT 609||Expository Preaching||3|
|TTPT 707||Foundations of Pastoral Care and Counseling||2|
|TTSF 501||Introduction to Spiritual Theology and Formation||3|
|TTSF 503||Personal Foundations for Spiritual Formation||3|
|TTSF 504||Spiritual Formation, Vocation, and the Disciplines||1|
|TTSF 505||Talbot Spiritual Direction I||0|
|TTSF 506||Talbot Spiritual Direction II||0|
|TTTH 521||Theology I: God, Scripture, Creation||3|
|TTTH 522||Theology II: Christ, Humanity, Sin, Salvation||3|
|TTTH 623||Theology III: Spirit, Church, Last Things||3|
|TTPT 602||Pastoral Ministry||3|
|TTPT 604||Pastoral Care and Chaplaincy||3|
|TTPT 628||Marital Counseling||3|
|TTPT 693||Pastoral Care and Counseling Internship I||1|
|TTPT 694||Pastoral Care and Counseling Internship II||1|
|TTPT 695||Pastoral Care and Counseling Internship III||1|
|TTPT 702||Intermediate Pastoral Counseling||3|
|TTPT 708||Advanced Pastoral Counseling||3|
|TTPT 703||The Church and Society||3|
|TTPT 716||Addressing Common Pastoral Counseling Concerns||3|
|TTPT 725||Counseling Troubled Families||3|
BOLD courses are now available through an online/hybrid format