Benjamin C Shin
Associate Professor of Bible Exposition
- D.Min., Dallas Theological Seminary
- Th.M., Talbot School of Theology
- M.Div., Talbot School of Theology
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
Benjamin C. Shin has served in the ministry as a pastor, parachurch leader and professor for more than 20 years. He is a graduate of UCLA, Talbot School of Theology and Dallas Theological Seminary. He enjoys reading, music, sports (especially the UCLA Bruins) and spending time with people. His vision and passion includes mentoring leaders, rebuilding churches and teaching the Word of God. He is married to his bride, Jen, and has two wonderful boys named Adam and Zachary. He currently serves as Associate Professor of Bible Exposition and Director of the Asian-American Ministry track for the Doctor of Ministry at Talbot School of Theology in La Mirada, Calif.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Crossroads Campus Ministries
- Jesus Awakening Movement for America
- Maranatha High School- Board of Trustee
- Tapestry of Grace: Untangling the Cultural Complexities of Asian American Life & Ministry (written with Sheryl Silzer), (Wipf & Stock), 2016.
- Contributing author to The Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary (ed. Tremper Longman III; Grand Rapids: Baker), 2013.
- “I/I Mentoring: A Philosophy of Informal & Intentional Mentorship,” Sundoulos (Fall 2010)
- “Unjustifiably 'Undignified,'” Biola Connections (Winter 2006)
- “Trying to Be Perfect,” Biola Connections (Summer 2004)
- “Growing Healthy Asian American Churches,” Journal of the American Society for Church Growth, (Spring 2007)