David M. Cimbora
Associate Professor of Psychology
Director of Clinical Training
- Ph.D., University of Denver, Clinical Psychology
- M.A., University of Denver, Clinical Psychology
- B.S., University of Washington, Psychology
As Director of Clinical Training, Dr. Cimbora assists in both practica and internship placements, and he oversees all aspects of clinical training. He currently teaches Introduction to Psychopathology and a Professional Development Seminar. His current clinical interests include couples therapy and treatment with adolescents. His current research interests involve co-leading a team with Dr. Christina Lee exploring the development of cultural identity, and in specific, the development of racial identity.
- California Psychological Association Member (2000-present)
- National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology (NCSPP) - President-Elect (2011-present); Secretary-Treasurer (2009-2011); Delegate (2004- Present)
- American Psychological Association Member (1991-present)
Cimbora, D.M. & McIntosh, D.N. (2005). Understanding the link between moral emotions and behavior. In A.V. Clark (Ed.), Psychology of Moods. New York: Nova Science.
Cimbora, D.M. (2011). Clinical training at an explicitly integrative program: Rosemead School of Psychology. Journal of Psychology and Christianity, 30, 137-147
Cimbora, D.M., & McIntosh, D.N. (2003). “Emotional responses to antisocial acts in adolescent males with conduct disorder: A link to affective morality.” Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent psychology, 32, 296-301.
Cimbora, D.M. (2001). “Understanding and preventing teenage delinquency.” [pamphlet]. Arcadia, CA: Narramore Christian Foundation
Rogers, M., Cimbora, D.M., & Leach, J. (2010). Assessing Affective Morality and Forgiveness Differences With the Affective Morality Forgiveness Index, Second Edition (AMFI-2). Poster Presented at the American Psychological Association Annual Convention (San Diego, CA).
Park, K., Cimbora, D.M., & Rogers, M. (2010). A review of literature regarding scientific controversies surrounding the psychometric properties of the Rorschach Inkblot Test. Scientific paper session presented at the annual meeting of the Society for Personality Assessment, San Jose, CA.
Cimbora, D.M. (2010). Advanced Rorschach scoring strategies. Workshop presented at the Rosemead Triennual Reunion, La Mirada, CA.
Leach, J., Cimbora, D.M., Rogers,M., & Soch, J. (2009). Statistical Analysis and Validation of the Affective Morality Forgiveness Index (AMFI):Examining the Influence of Affect on Moral Decision Making, Seeking Forgiveness& Recidivism. Poster Presented at the American Psychological Association Annual Convention (Toronto, Canada).
Cimbora, D.M. & Mangione, L. (2009). Integrating core values and beliefs. Workshop given at the Mid-Winter Conference for the National Council of Schools and Programs of Professional Psychology, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
Cimbora, D.M. (2003). “Cultural responsiveness: Seeing family through a new lens.” paper presented at the 5th Annual International Fatherhood Conference, Garden Gove, CA
- Research interests include empathy, guilt, and forgiveness, particularly with delinquent youth populations
- Cimbora, D.M., Stromberg., A., MacKay, D., & Moorehead, D. (1999).Crisis intervention and child abuse.Workshop presented to Young Life Ministries, La Mirada, CA
- Cimbora, D.M., Huson, D., Moorehead, D., & Stromberg A. (1999).Group management and counseling skills.Workshop presented to University Praise Church, Fullerton, CA
- Cimbora, D.M., Stromberg, A., James, L., & Sleeper, H. (1999).Basic counseling skills.Workshop presented to Young Life Ministries, la Mirada, CA
- Cimbora, D.M., Stromberg, A., James, L., & Sleeper, H. (1999).Group management and counseling skills.Workshop presented to Young Life Ministries, La Mirada, CA
- Cimbora, D.M., Stromberg, A., James, L., & Sleeper, H. (2000).Adolescent development and psychopathology.Workshop presented to Young Life Ministries, La Mirada, CA
- Cimbora, D.M. (2000).Who is today's college student?Panel presentation at Biola University Faculty Workshop (approx. 200 attendees), Palm Springs, CA
- Cimbora, D.M. (2000).Cultural responsiveness in clinical practice: A mandate for effective supervision.Paper presented to area practicum supervisors at the Rosemead School of Psychology Practicum Symposium
- Cimbora, D.M., Bang, E., Mitchell, B. (2000).Issues of boundaries, ethics, and the law.Workshop presented to Young Life Ministries. La Mirada, CA
- Cimbora, D.M., Vazquez, V., Albertson, M., Garcia, D., Mitchell, B. (2000).What is Psychology?Presentation for students at Lakeside Middle School, Norwalk, CA
- Cimbora, D.M., Vazquez, V., Garcia, D., Albertson, N. (2001).Adolescent sexuality, pornography, and homosexuality.Workshop presented to Young Life Ministries, La Mirada, CA
- Cimbora, D.M. (2002).Tomorrow's opportunities.Paper presented at Rosemead's 30th Anniversary celebration reception, San Francisco, CA
- Cimbora, D.M. (2002).Resistance to spiritual change.An invited address to undergraduate chapel (approx. 2000 attendees), Biola University, La Mirada, CA