Edward M. Curtis
Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania
- M.A., Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- B.S., Baylor University
Edward Curtis, an Old Testament scholar who has done extensive research in Genesis, Job and the Song of Solomon, is author of Transformed Thinking (JKO Publishers); Song of Songs, the Zondervan Bible Study Commentary; and Discovering the Way of Wisdom (Kregel, Fall 2004). He contributes to such journals as Criswell Theological Review; Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society; Faculty Dialogue; Bibliotheca Sacra; and Christian Scholar's Review, and has presented articles before the national meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society and the Regional Institute for Biblical Research. Curtis was the recipient of a National Endowment for the Humanities fellowship to participate in a seminar on the Bible and Cuneiform Literature at Yale University.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- “Learning Truth from the Sages”, Christian Education Journal, Spring 2005, 113-28.
- “Old Testament”, in Encyclopedia of Fundamentalism, edited by Brenda Brasher (New York: Routledge, 2001), pp. 347-350.
- “Ancient Psalm and Modern Worship: Some Contemporary Applications.” in Vital Church Issues, ed. by Roy B. Zuck, Grand Rapids, Michigan: Kregel Publications, 1998.
- “Ancient Psalms and Modern Worship: Some Contemporary Applications.” Bibliotheca Sacra 154, April-June 1997. Pp. 285-296.
- “Some Biblical Contributions to a Philosophy of Education.” Faculty Dialogue 21, 1994. Pp. 91-110.
- “Genesis 38: Its Context(s) and Function.” Criswell Theological Review 5, 1991. Pp. 247-57.
- “Images in Mesopotamia and the Bible: A Comparative Study.” in The Bible in the Light of Cuneiform Literature: Scripture in Context III, ed. by William W Hallo, Bruce W. Jones and Gerald L. Mattingly, Lewiston, New York: Edwin J. Mellen Press, 1990. Pp. 33-59.
- “Worship with Wonder.” The Treasury 92, August 1990. Pp. 169-70.
- “Structure, Style and Context as the Key to Interpreting Gen. 32:1-33:1.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 30, July 1987. Pp. 129-37.
- “The Prohibition of Images in the Old Testament and its Theological Basis.” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 28, September 1985. Pp. 277-87.
- “Ecclesiastes." What the Old Testament Authors Really Cared About: A Survey of Jesus' Bible. Ed. Jason S. DeRouchie. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2013.
- “Job." What the Old Testament Authors Really Cared About: A Survey of Jesus' Bible. Ed. Jason S. DeRouchie. Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2013.
- Teach the Text Commentary Series. Ed. Mark L. Strauss, John H. Walton. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2013.
- Old Testament Wisdom and Poetry
- Integration of Faith and Learning