Gary L McIntosh
Professor of Christian Ministry and Leadership
- D.Min., Fuller Theological Seminary
- Ph.D., Fuller Theological Seminary
- M.Div., Western C.B. Seminary
- B.A., Rockmont College
Gary L. McIntosh is a nationally and internationally known professor of Christian Ministry & Leadership. He is recognized as the foremost spokes person for classical Church Growth Missiology in the USA. As a church growth expert, he publishes Growth Points, a monthly publication read by over 7,000 church leaders. Dr. McIntosh is in wide demand as a speaker and seminar leaders on numerous subjects related to church life and ministry. He has published over 300 articles and reviews in Christian magazines and theological journals, and is the author of twenty-two books including One Size Doesn't Fit All; One Church, Four Generations; Staff Your Church for Growth; Biblical Church Growth, and the award winning What Every Pastor Should Know: 101 Indispensable Rules of Thumb for Leading Your Church (Baker Books, 2013).
For more information, please visit the personal website of Professor Gary L McIntosh.
- The Academy for Evangelism in Theological Education
- Inscape, Inc. (associate)
- The Society for Church Consulting
- The Great Commission Research Network
Awards and Honors
- Recipient of the Donald A. McGavran Award from the American Society for Church Growth, November 1998.
- Recipient of the Distinguished Alumni of the Year Award, Colorado Christian University, Spring 1998.
- Recipient of the Robert B. Fisher Award for Faculty Excellence at Biola University, February 1998.
- Guest editor for Sundoulos Magazine, Summer 1992 issue.
- Editor of The Journal of American Church Growth, Pasadena, CA.
- Editor of The Church Growth Network Newsletter, Temecula, CA.
- Listed in "Who's Who in Church Growth in Church Growth State of the Art." Tyndale House Publishers, 1986.
- 2014 Outreach Magazine Book of the Year for Leadership
South Asian edition of Overcoming the Dark Side of Leadership (Good Times Books, New Delhi, India, 2010).
Korean translation of One Size Doesn’t Fit All (Christian Publishing House, Seoul, Korea, 2010).
McIntosh, Gary L. Here Today, There Tomorrow (Indianapolis, IN: Wesleyan Publishing House, 2010).
Korean translation of Evaluating the Church Growth Movement: 5 Views (Revival and Reformation Press, Seoul, Republic of Korea, 2009).
Japanese translation of One Size Doesn’t Fit All (Masahira Matsumoto, 2009).
2nd North American Edition of Overcoming The Dark Side of Leadership (Baker Books, 2007).
Chinese translation of Overcoming The Dark Side of Leadership (Taosheng Publishing House, 2007).
McIntosh, Gary L. Beyond the First Visit: The Complete Guide to Connecting Guests to Your Church (Grand Rapids, MI: Baker Books, 2006).
McIntosh, Gary L. and R. Daniel Reeves, Thriving Churches in the Twenty-first Century (Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2006).
Spanish translation of Overcoming the Dark Side of Leadership (Casa Creacion, 2005).
Commentary on leadership books, Outreach Magazine, March/April, 2010, Vol. 9, No. 3, p.62.
“Dissertation and Theses Notices.” Great Commission Research Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2, p. 297-306.
“Building the Bridges of God: Lessons from India.” Great Commission Research Journal, Vol. 1, No. 2, p. 181-188.
“Forward.” The Apostolic Congregation by George G. Hunter III (Abingdon, 2009: xi-xii).
“Breaking the 85 Worship Barrier.” Pentecostal Leader, November/December, 2009, Vol. 91, No. 6, p. 10-15.
“Dissertation and Theses Notices.” Great Commission Research Journal, Vol. 1, No. 1, p. 125-133.
“Growing Smaller Churches.” Pentecostal Leader, July/August, 2009, Vol.91, No. 4, p. 7-12.
Commentary on leadership books. Outreach Magazine, March/April, 2009, Vol. 8, No. 2, p. 59.
“Forward.” Legacy Churches by Stephen Gray and Franklin Dumond [ChurchSmart Resources, 2009:7-8).
“The Impact of Size on the Growth and Development of a Church.” Journal of the American Society for Church Growth, Winter 2009, Vol. 20, p. 85-105.
- Generational Change
- Pastoral ministry
- Church Growth / Missional Church / Church Renewal/Health
- Life and Ministry of Donald A. McGavran
- Leadership & Management