Henry W. Holloman
Professor Emeritus Systematic and Historical Theology
- Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary
- Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary
- B.A., Rhodes College of Memphis
Dr. Holloman is a systematic theologian specializing in the doctrine of the Christian life. He authored The Forgotten Blessing: Rediscovering the Transforming Power of Sanctification; and has been published in many Christian journals and magazines, including the Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, Journal of Psychology and Theology, Michigan Theological Journal, Faculty Forum, Interest, and Moody Magazine. A revised edition of his book on sanctification has been published in Understanding Christian Theology (edited by Charles R. Swindoll and Roy B. Zuck). He has also contributed to the Baker Encyclopedia of the Bible, and the study notes for the Gospel of Mark and the topical index for the New American Standard Study Bible. Dr. Holloman has served as an officer for the Evangelical Theological Society/Far West Region.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Kregel Dictionary of the Bible and Theology: Over 500 Key Theological Words and Concepts Defined and Cross-Referenced (Grand Rapids: Kregel, 2005)
- “The Forgotten Blessing: Rediscovering the Transforming Power of Sanctification.” Nashville, Word, 1999, Revised 2002.
- Contributor (along with Dr. Robert Saucy) to the Topical Index for La Biblia de Estudio, New American Standard Version Study Bible (Spanish Version), published by The Lockman Foundation, La Habra, CA.
- “Eternity: The New Heavens and New Earth.” The Fundamentals for the Twenty-First Century., ed. by Dr. Mal Couch. Kregel Publishers, 2000.
- “The Forgotten Blessing: Rediscovering the Transforming Power of Sanctification.”, ed. by Dr. Charles Swindoll. Word, 1999.
- “What We Learn from General Revelation.” INTEREST, 1996.
- “Always There For Us.” Moody Magazine, 1995.
- “The Relation of Christlikenss to Spiritual Growth.” Michigan Theological Journal 5, 1994. Pp. 57-85.
- “Changed into His Likeness: How Christians Become Christlike.” Sundoulos, La Mirada, CA: Talbot School of Theology. 1994.
- “The Role of the Spirit in Christian Nurture.” Sundoulos, La Mirada, CA: Talbot School of Theology. 1991.
- “Basic Biblical Principles of Christian Nurture and Some Considerations for Their Contextualization.” Michigan Theological Journal 1, 1990, Pp. 5-18.