Judy Ten Elshof
Professor of Christian Ministry and Leadership
Institute for Spiritual Formation and Christian Ministry and Leadership
Director of Talbot's Spiritual Formation Focus
Associate Director, Center for Spiritual Renewal
Founder, Hilltop Renewal Center
- Ph.D., Fuller Theological Seminary
- M.A., Fuller Theological Seminary
- M.A., Talbot School of Theology
- B.A., California State University, Fullerton
Dr. Ten Elshof has established and directed counseling centers in churches and Christian schools and is founder and Vice President of Hilltop Renewal Center for Christian leaders. She has authored several journal articles along with chapters in Foundations of Ministry: An Introduction to Christian Education for a New Generation; Short-Term Missions Boom: The Guide to International and Domestic Involvement; and the Christian Education Dictionary. Dr. Ten Elshof co-authored Women and Men in Ministry: A Complementary Perspective. Her goal for Talbot's Spiritual Formation Focus is to encourage Talbot students to cooperate in the God-ordained process through the work of the Holy Spirit to shape their lives so that they take on the character and being of Christ himself. Her expertise as a teacher and conference speaker is in helping individuals and families in ministry grow in relationship to God and others.
- NAPCE: North American Professors of Christian Education
- ETS: Evangelical Theological Society
- AACC: American Association of Christian Counselors
- CAPS: Christian Association for Psychological Studies
- “Women and Men in Ministry.” Editors: Dr. Robert Saucy and Dr. Judy Ten Elshof. Moody Press, 2001.
- “Family Life Education.” Introduction to Christian Education. Anthony, Michael, Editor. Baker Publishers, 2001.
- “Discipline”, “Family Morality”, “Models of Parenting”, “Extended Family”. Christian Education Dictionary Julie Gorman and Michael J. Anthony, Editors. Zondervan Publishing, 2000.
- “Selecting and Screening Volunteers for Service” Short-Term Missions Boom: The Guide to International and Domestic Involvement. Michael J. Anthony, Editor. Baker, 1994.
- “Ministries to Families in the Local Church” and “Counseling Ministry in the Church” Foundations of Ministry, An Introduction to Christian Education for a New Generation. Michael J. Anthony, Editor. Victor Books, 1992.
- “Spiritual Formation: How Can Christian Education be Intentional?” Christian Education Journal. Fall 2000, pp.111-122.
- “The Relationship Between Adult Attachment and Spiritual Maturity of Seminary Students.” The Journal of Psychology and Theology, Summer 2000.
- “Encouraging the Character Formation of Future Christian Leaders” Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, March 1999.
- Women in Christian ministry
- Spiritual Formation, Marriage and Family, and Spiritual Renewal