Mark R Saucy
Professor of Theology
- Ph.D., Fuller Theological Seminary
- M.Div., Talbot Theological Seminary
- B.A., Biola College
Dr. Saucy's interests lie primarily in the areas of systematic and biblical theology. Before coming to Talbot he and his family served as missionaries for thirteen years with SEND International in Kyiv, Ukraine, assigned to encourage and develop theological education in Eurasia. Living in Ukraine also stimulated an interest in patristics and comparative theology with the Eastern Orthodox Church. Dr. Saucy has taught regularly at theological institutions throughout Ukraine and the Evangelische Theologische Facultait in Leuven, Belgium. Since coming to Talbot in 2007, Dr. Saucy continues his affiliation with the Eurasia region as Director of Talbot's extension program at Kyiv Theological Seminary and as member of the editorial board of the Eurasian theological journal, Theological Reflections. He is the author of The Kingdom of God in the Teaching of Jesus, articles in The Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society, Trinity Journal, Bibliotheca Sacra and other numerous other works for the Union of Evangelicals-Christians Baptist of Ukraine. He is active in his local church and strives for theological reflection and teaching that is transformative for his own soul and the souls of his students into the image of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Eurasia Theological Society, member of editorial board of Theological Reflections
Awards and Honors
- Senior Award in Theology, Talbot Theological Seminary, 1984.
- Ph. D. with honor; Fuller Theological Seminary, 1994.
- Distinguished Teaching Excellence Award; Union of Evangelical-Christians Baptists of Ukraine, 1997.
- Honorary Doctorate in Theology; Union of Evangelical-Christians Baptists of Ukraine, 2004.
- B.A. magna cum laude, Biola College, 1980.