Associate Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies
- Ph.D., University of Notre Dame
- M.A., University of Notre Dame
- M.A., Talbot School of Theology
- M.S., Pensacola Christian College
- B.A., Harvard University
Trained in New Testament studies, Dr. Lee-Barnewall's desire is to help students develop their relationship with Christ through an informed and application-oriented understanding of Scripture. She is the author of “Paul, the Stoics, and the Body of Christ”. Dr. Lee-Barnewall has published articles in New Testament Studies and Novum Testamentum and has presented papers at the national meetings of the Evangelical Theological Society and the Society of Biblical Literature.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Institute for Biblical Literature
- Neither Complementarian nor Egalitarian: Reframing the Gender Debate. Grand Rapids: Baker 2016
- Contributing author. Baker Illustrated Bible Dictionary. Ed. Tremper Longman III. Grand Rapids: Baker, 2013.
- Paul, the Stoics, and the Body of Christ. SNTSMS 137; Cambridge University Press, 2006
- Review of Paul Through Mediterranean Eyes. Cultural Studies in 1 Corinthians, Kenneth E. Bailey (Downers Grove; InterVarsity, 2011). Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 55 (2012): 622-24.
- Review of Being Conformed to Christ in Community: A Study of Maturity, Maturation and the Local Church in the Undisputed Pauline Epistles, James George Samra (Library of New Testament Studies 320; London: T & T Clark, 2006). Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 50 (2007): 625-26
- Review of Navigating Paul, Jouette M. Bassler (Louisville, KY: Westminster, 2007). Expository Times 119 (2008): 169
- Review of The IVP Women’s Bible Commentary (co-authored with Joanne Jung), eds. Catherine Clark Kroeger and Mary J. Evans (Downers Grove: InterVarsity, 2002). Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society 47 (2004): 161-64
- “Whose Body? Which Membership?” Christian Reflection (2014): 11-18
- “Why is the Body of Christ Important?” Pages 72-74 in Devotions on the Greek New Testament. Eds. J. Scott Duvall and Verlyn D. Verbrugge. Grand Rapids: Zondervan, 2012
- “The Benefits of Disciplines of Abstinence.” Biola Magazine (Fall 2012)
- “The Lord’s Supper in Paul’s Letters.” Faithlife Study Bible. Logos Bible Software, 2012
- “What Does Paul Mean by Taking the Lord’s Supper in an ‘Unworthy’ Manner?” Biola Connections (Winter 2004)
- Beauty Is Soul Deep: 180 Devotions for Growing a Meaningful Inner Life. Co-edited with D. June Hetzel. Uhrichsville, OH: Barbour, 2003
- “Reframing the Gender Debate: Rethinking Servant Leadership and Equality from a Corporate Perspective,” Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Atlanta, GA, November 2015
- “Neither Complementarian nor Egalitarian: Reframing the Gender Debate,” Denver Seminary Biblical Studies Conference,” Denver, CO, February 2015.
- “Reframing the Gender Debate: Genesis 2-3 in Literary Perspective,” Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, San Francisco, CA, November 2011
- “Paul, the Stoics, and the Body of Christ: Corporate Identity and Ethics in 1 Corinthians,” Korean Biblical Colloquium, Annual Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, San Diego, CA, November 2007
- “Intercession in Weakness: The Ministry of the Spirit in Rom. 8:26-27,” Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Washington, D.C., November 2006
- “Reframing the Gender Debate: Eph. 5:21-33 as a Test Case,” Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Valley Forge, PA, November 2005
- “Paul’s Strategy for Moral Formation in 1 Corinthians 12-14,” Annual Meeting of the Society of Biblical Literature, Nashville, TN, November 2000
- "Re-examining the Body of Christ: Getting a Second Opinion on 1 Corinthians 12," Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Jackson, MI, November 1996
- "A Call to Martyrdom: The Significance of the Chiastic Structure of Revelation," Annual Meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Philadelphia, PA, November 1995