Octavio Javier Esqueda
Associate Professor of Christian Education at Talbot
- Ph.D., University of North Texas
- M.A., Dallas Theological Seminary
- Lic. University of Guadalajara
Dr. Esqueda was born and raised in Guadalajara, México, where he graduated with a Licenciatura in Latin American Literature from the University of Guadalajara as well as two additional diplomas, one on religion and society and the second on journalism. He graduated from Dallas Theological Seminary with an M.A. in Christian Education and completed his doctorate (Ph.D.) in Higher Education at the University of North Texas. Dr. Esqueda has published articles on theological education and literature in different journals. Teaching is his passion and has had the opportunity to teach in several countries on different academic levels.
- Editorial Board Member, Journal of Christian Higher Education: A Journal of Applied Research and Practice
- Former Editorial Board Member and Book Review Editor for the Teaching-Learning Process Area at Christian Education Journal
- Board Member Centro de Investigación y Memoria del Protestantismo Español (Center for Research and History of the Spanish Reformation)
- Member of the International Association for the Promotion of Christian Higher Education
- Member of the Society of Professors in Christian Education (SpiCE), formerly North American Professors of Christian Education
- Member of the Philosophy of Education Society
- Member of The Latin America Theological Fraternity (FTL).
- Member of the Asociación para la Educación Teológica Hispana (Hispanic Theological Association)
Awards and Honors
- Graduated with Honors from Dallas Theological Seminary, 2000
- Recipient of the Anna L. Agre Award for Excellence in Teaching at the Center for Biblical Studies, Dallas Theological Seminary, 2000
- Graduated with honors from the University of Guadalajara
"Biblical Worldview: The Christian Higher Education Foundation for Learning." Christian Higher Education. Forthcoming
Latin America and Caribbean Section Editor and "The Growth and Impact of Pentecostalism in Latin America." Christian Education Journal. Fall 2013
“Sin and Christian Teaching.” The Christian Education Journal. Series 3. Vol. 8. N 1 Spring 2011.
Cuban Christian Theological Higher Education, Lambert Academic Publishing, 2009.
“Religious Affiliation,” in the Encylopedia Hispanic American Religious Cultures,, ABC-CLIO, 2009.
Book Chapters “God as Teacher,” “The Holy Spirit as Teacher,” and “How to Study the Bible” in The Teaching Ministry of the Church, 2nd edition. Broadman and Holman, 2008
"Theological Higher Education in Cuba: Part 4: The Historical Roots and Milestones of the Eastern Cuba Baptist Theological Seminary." Christian Higher Education: An International Journal of Applied Research and Practice. Vol. 6. N. 3. May-August 2007.
"Theological Higher Education in Cuba: Part 3: The Cuban Revolution." Christian Higher Education: An International Journal of Applied Research and Practice. Vol. 6. N. 2. March-April 2007.
"Theological Higher Education in Cuba: Part 2: Origins and Ministry of Protestant Seminaries." Christian Higher Education: An International Journal of Applied Research and Practice. Vol. 6, Num. 1, January-February 2007.
"Theological Higher Education in Cuba: Part 1: Introduction." Christian Higher Education: An International Journal of Applied Resarch and Practice. Vol. 5, Num 4, October-December 2006.