Rex E Johnson
Professor Emeritus of Christian Ministry and Leadership
- Psy.D., Alliant International University
- M.R.E., Talbot Theological Seminary
- M.A., Biola College
- B.A., University of California, Los Angeles
Dr. Johnson was involved for over ten years in churches as Minister to College and Career Adults and Minister of Christian Education before joining Talbot School of Theology in 1976. He taught Christian Education classes, then developed Talbot’s Marriage and Family Ministries major. More recently he moved into the Department of Christian Ministry and Leadership and directs the Pastoral Care and Counseling Emphasis. Rex also taught Characther Development in Leaders in the Master's degree in Biola's Organizational Leadership degree program for over 10 years. Rex speaks regularly on and off campus in conferences related to ministry, marriage and leadership. For the past 16 years he has also traveled to the former Soviet Union countries, southern Africa, east Asia, Korea, Central America and Europe to minister, equip teachers and develop leaders.
Rex has authored Ways to Plan and Organize Your Sunday School Youth; Bible Learning Activities; At Home With Sex; and Communication Key to Your Parents. He co-authored Characteristics of a Caring Home; Communication Keyto Your Teens; Building a Positive Parent-Teen Relationships; Foundations of Christian Ethics; and Life at the Crossroads. He has also written numerous articles. Rex also helped the Jesus Project develop plans and resources for use with The Story of Jesus for Children.
- Association of Marriage & Family Ministries
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- First Baptist Church, Lakewood
- “Building Positive Parent-Teen Relationships.” co-authored., Christian Marriage Enrichment, 1977.
- “Ways to Plan & Organize Your Sunday School Youth.” Gospel Light, 1972.
- “Bible Learning Activities.” co-authored. Gospel Light, 1974.
- “At Home with Sex.” Victor Press, 1979.
- “Characteristics of a Caring Home.” co-authored., Vision House, 1978.
- “Communication, Key to Your Parents.” Harvest House, 1978.
- “Communication, Key to Your Teens.” co-authored., Harvest House, 1978.
- “Which Way Development?” The Teacher Gazette Education Ministry, Russia, 1995.
- “Ministry to Veterans”, Sundoulos, Summer, 2009.
- “Philosophical Foundations of Ministry.” in Foundations of Ministry, M. Anthony, ed. 1992.
- “Our Changing Students.” with Jennie Cerullo, The Teacher Gazette, Education Ministry, Russia, 1995.
- “Ministering to Newlyweds”, Christian Education Journal, 2005.
- “Taking Marriage Seriously”, Featured Article, Association of Marriage andFamily Ministries Web Site, 2005.
- “The Story of Jesus.” co-authored, curriculum for former Soviet Union schools for year 2000. Jesus Film Project, 1999.
- “Character Development Seminar.” seminar plan, Leader's Guide and Small Group Facilitator's Guide for follow-up curriculum to Convocations in the former Soviet Union. International School Project, 1996.
- “Workshop Leader's Notebook - Secondary Workshop.” co-authored, curriculum for teachers' convocations in the former Soviet Union. International School Project, 1996.
- “Equipping Christians for Helping Ministries.” a 4-part series of video-assisted curricula to equip lay ministers for counseling in church ministries. Innovations In Learning, 1981, 1986.
- “Celebrate The Story of Jesus for Children.” co-authored, guide to church evangelism for children, annual event. Jesus Film Project, 2001.
- “Curriculo de Educacao Moral E Civica.” Livro 1 & 2, co-authored, curriculum on morality and civics for schools in Mozambique. CoMission, 1998.
- “Life at the Crossroads.” co-authored, international curriculum on Abstinence and AIDS. Campus Crusade for Christ, 1995.
- “Foundations of Christian Ethics.” co-authored, curriculum to replace communism in the schools of the former Soviet Union. International School Project, 1995.
- Personal Values
- Marriage Enrichment
- Character Development