Robert G Lister
Associate Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies
- Ph.D., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- M.Div., The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary
- B.A., The Citadel, Charleston, South Carolina
Rob Lister joined the faculty of the Talbot School of Theology in 2006. His primary research interests currently lie in the areas of Theology Proper, Christology and Sanctification — doctrines that all fused together at the hub of his doctoral dissertation on divine impassibility. Lister sees his teaching role as both academic and pastoral in nature — a role that occupies a place outside as well as inside the classroom. He cares deeply about his students, and desires that they know God better, so that ultimately they might love Him more passionately and follow Jesus more devotedly.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Evangelical Philosophical Society
- God Is Impassible and Impassioned: Toward a Theology of Divine Emotion, Crossway, 2012.
- “J. Lee Grady's 25 Tough Questions About Women and the Church: A Review Article.” Journal for Biblical Manhood and Womanhood 9/1 (2004): 101-108.
- “A Trinitarian Collapse: The Application of Rahner’s Rule as a Key Element in Moltmann’s Argument for Divine Suffering,” presented at the Southeast regional meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society, Louisville, Kentucky (March 19, 2005).