Robert L. Saucy
Distinguished Professor of Systematic Theology
- Th.D., Dallas Theological Seminary
- Th.M., Dallas Theological Seminary
- B.A., Westmont College
Dr. Saucy's book, The Church in God's Program, is a standard ecclesiology text in colleges and seminaries nationwide. He is also the author of The Bible: Breathed from God; The Case for Progressive Dispensationalism; and Scripture: Its Authority, Power and Relevance. Dr. Saucy co-authored The Common Made Holy; Are Miraculous Gifts for Today?; and Women and Men in Ministry: A Complementary Perspective. His shorter works have appeared in many journals including Bibliotheca Sacra, Grace Theological Journal, and Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society. He has also contributed articles to the Expositor's Bible Commentary; Baker's Dictionary of Christian Ethics; Evangelical Dictionary of Theology; Hermeneutics, Inerrancy and the Bible; and many other books and reference works. Dr. Saucy is a past president of the Evangelical Theological Society and addresses that group on many occasions.
- Evangelical Theological Society (Member) - President, 1972
- Ordained Minister - North American Baptist General Conference
- “The Bible: Breathed from God.” Victor Books S/P, 1978.
- “The Case for Progressive Dispensationalism.” Zondervan, 1993.
- “An Open but Cautious View.” in "Are Miraculous Gifts for Today?: Four Views." Zondervan, 1996.
- “The Common Made Holy.” co-author with Neil Anderson, Harvest House, 1997. Revised edition, God's Power at Work in You, 2001.
- “Men and Women in Ministry: A Complementary Perspective.” co-editor and writer of several chapters, Moody, 2001.
- “Scripture: Its Authority, Power and Relevance.” Word, 2001.
- “The Church in God's Program.” Moody Press, 1972.
- “Presuppositions of Non-Evangelical Hermeneutics--A Response.” in Hermeneutics, Inerrancy and the Bible, 1984.
- “Doing Theology for the Church.” in The Necessity of Systematic Theology, 1979.
- “The Ephesians 3 Mystery.” in Dispensationalism, Israel and the Church, edited by Craig A. Blaising and Darrel L. Bock, Zondervan, 1992.
- “Theology of Human Nature.” in Christian Perspectives on Being Human, Baker, 1993.
- “Israel and the Church: A Case for Discontinuity.” in Continuity and Discontinuity, edited by John S. Feinberg, Crossway Books, 1988.
- “The Doctrine of God” in "Baker's Dictionary of Theology." Baker, 1984, 2001.
- “The Negative Case Against the Ordination of Women.” in Perspectives on Evangelical Theology, 1979.
- “Eschatology of the Bible.” in Expositor's Bible Commentary, Vol. 1, Zondervan, 1976.
- “Difficulties with Inerrancy.” in Evangelicals and Inerrancy, 1984.
- “Recent Roman Catholic Theology.” in Challenges to Inerrancy, 1984.