Thaddeus John Williams
Assistant Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies
- Ph.D., Vrije Universiteit of Amsterdam
- M.A., University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- M.A., Talbot School of Theology
- B.A., Biola University
Dr. Williams loves enlarging students understanding and enjoyment of God while teaching Theology 1 and 2 courses at Biola University. He also teaches History of Atheism, Introduction to Philosophy, and Biblical Literature in the secular college context. He has taught theology internationally including seminaries in Nepal and Francis Schaeffer's L'Abri ministries in Switzerland and Holland. Dr. Williams is a frequent guest speaker at churches and conferences, in addition to serving as a teaching pastor at a local church, His academic works include Love, Freedom, and Evil (Rodopi, 2011), used in seminaries around the world and currently being translated into German, and his recent popular publication, The Exchange (AIMBooks, 2012, available here). His research interests include the Trinity, divine and human agency, dialogue with atheists, and theology of culture. You can visit his website at www.rereform.com.
For more information, please visit the personal website of Professor Thaddeus John Williams.
- Evangelical Theological Society
- Love, Freedom, and Evil (New York/Amsterdam: Rodopi Press, 2011).
- Lieben die Freiheit und das Böse, Tr. Thomas Schirrmacher (Bonn, Germany: Verlag für Kultur und Wissenschaft, forthcoming 2017).
- The Exchange: An Ex-Atheist and an Ex-Christian Square Off on God, Meaning, and Other Questions You Should Probably Care About, co-authored with Yara Brighton (Los Angeles, CA: AIMBooks, 2012).
- And the Thinker Thought: A STORY of the Secular West (Laguna Woods, CA: GLPA Press, 2010).
- REFLECT: Mirroring the Most Reasonable, Emotional, Holy, Loving, Gracious, Artistic, and Powerful Person Ever (forthcoming 2016).
- "What Does Jerusalem Have to Do With Washington D.C.? Rethinking the Church's Role in Politics," Journal of Christian Legal Thought. (Fall 2015)
- “Paper Dolls: Vincent Brümmer's Notion of Autonomy" in Nederduitse Gereformeerde Teologiese Tydskrif, Vol. 53 No. 3 (2012), 228-238.
- “Taqdir and Trinitas: Convergence and Contrast in Biblical and Sunni Concepts of Divine Power," in Currents of Encounter (peer-reviewed and forthcoming 2013).
- “Words from the Wise: UnWRAP Your Presents," The Biola University Chimes, December 26, 2012, online version available here.
- “What Does Nicea Have to Do With Geneva? The Connection Between Biblical Trinitarianism and Relational Calvinism," The Gospel Coalition: OC, available here.
- “Is Reformation Theology Still Relevant Today?" Blue Letter Bible, 2012, available here.
- “Christ, Our Substitute: A Look at the Doctrine of Substitionary Atonement," Blue Letter Bible, 2012, available here.
- “The Secret to Becoming Irrelevant: Spend All Your Time Trying to Be Relevant," Re:Reform, October 2012, available here.
- “Don't Be an Idiot!: How Jesus Helps Us Resist Culture's Stupefying Forces," Re:Reform, October 2012, available here.
- “Mortification: Seven Phases Along the Sin-Killing Continuum," Re:Reform, September 2012, available here.
- “Vegas, Baby, Vegas: Looking for Jesus in All the Wrong Places," Re:Reform, September 2012, available here.
- “Sexuality: Bigotry, Worldview, and a Way Forward” Presented at the Blackstone Legal Fellowship, Washington, D.C., June 2016
- “Preaching the Gospel to Yourself: Evangelistic Effectiveness on the Closest Mission Field” Presented at Biola Missions Conference, La Mirada, CA, 2016
- “Ephesians 1: God Helps Those Who Can’t Help Themselves” Presented at Student Missionary Union’s Annual Biola Chapel, La Mirada, CA, November 23, 2015.
- “Local Missions” Panelist for Student Missionary Union Local Missions Colloquium, La Mirada, CA, December 2015.
- “Sexuality as the Embodiment of Worldview: A Theological Approach” Presented at the Blackstone Legal Fellowship, Phoenix, AZ, June 2014
- “Can Virtue Be Legislated?” Presented at the Federalist Society Annual Conference, Washington, D.C., January 2015.
- “Does it Matter Who I Love?” Presented at the TruthXChange ThinkTank Conference, Escondido, CA, February 2015.
- “Natural Law Theory and Legal Education” Presented at the Faculty Retreat for Trinity Law School, Newport Beach, CA, December 2014.
- “Addressing Sexual Brokenness with Biblical Love” Presented at the Shining as Lights East Coast Conference, Raleigh, NC, November 2014.
- “A Christ-centered Vision of Sanctification” Presented to Forest Home Staff (2 sessions), Big Bear, CA, August, 2014.
- “Sin-Killing and the Classroom” Presented at the Faculty In-Service for Valley Christian School, Cerritos, CA, August 2014.