Terms of Service
Welcome to Talbot Placement. The Talbot Placement service allows church and para church organizations whose doctrinal standards reflect those of Biola University to list full and part-time paid ministry opportunities and enable them to connect with Talbot and Biola University alumni and current students. Only Biola or Talbot alumni and currently enrolled students are able to view employment opportunity postings on this Website. Only authorized representatives of approved Churches or para-church organizations with registered accounts may post opportunities. This service is free.
Use of Talbot Placement is subject to the guidelines and restrictions of Biola's Network Usage Policy.
You must comply with the following rules when posting an Employment Opportunity (or job):
- Title. The title you select for your Job must be concise and limited to the specific opportunity advertised. You may not list multiple position types or job titles unrelated to the opportunity as a means to generate unwarranted search results.
- Position Type. Part-time paid positions must be within 60 miles of our La Mirada campus. All volunteer ministry openings should be directed to the Career Development office at firstname.lastname@example.org, (562)903-4875.
- Salary. The posted salary must clearly and accurately reflect the salary that will be paid in exchange for the fulfillment of the requirements listed for the job, unless explicitely noted otherwise (by checking the "Salary is negotiable" box).
- Description. The description field must contain sufficient and accurate information about the employment opportunity, including but not limited to a description of the responsibilities and expectations placed on the person accepting the offer.
- Qualifications. The qualifications field must list the minimum skillset and/or qualifications required for performing the tasks and duties of the person performing the job described in the posting.
- Benefits. The benefits field is not required but if used should list any benefits, such as medical insurance, retirement funds etc. that a person employed for the job described in the posting would be entitled to.
- Reposting. You must wait at least fourteen (14) days before reposting an opening for the same opportunity.
- Contact Information. You are not required to post additional contact information for a specific job posting beyond what is required for the employer's record.
- Currency. Unless otherwise stated, all salaries are to be quoted in U.S. Dollars.
Termination of Access
In addition, we may refer any information on illegal activities, including the user’s identity, to the proper authorities, including the police, the Human Resources department [in the case of employees], and/or the Dean of Students’ office and/or parents [in the case of students].
While using the Website, in addition to the other terms listed in this document, you agree not to:
- post or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a computer virus or other harmful component;
- take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website or any activities conducted on the Website; or any measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the Website;
- alter, damage or delete any Content or other communications that are not your own Content or to otherwise interfere with the ability of others to access the Talbot Placement;
- use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Website for any purpose without our express written permission;
- claim a relationship with or to speak for any business, association, institution or other organization for which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship;
While Biola is indemnified and released from all claims regarding transactions on this service, the university does reserve the right to pursue any violations of the terms of the Student Handbook, Employee Handbook, Standards of Conduct, and all university policies and procedures, which may arise from use of this service.