The Journal of Spiritual Formation and Soul Care is a peer-reviewed journal published twice a year by the Talbot School of Theology Institute for Spiritual Formation.
The purpose of the journal is advancing the discussion of the theory and practice of Christian formation and soul care for the sake of the educational ministries of the church, Christian education and other para-church organizations through scholarly publications that are rooted in biblical exegesis, systematic theology, the history of Christian spirituality, philosophical analysis, psychological theory/research, spiritual theology, and Christian experience.
- Encouraging reflection on the foundations of Christian education and implications for ministry practice
- Exploring the integration and application of social science theory and research to educational ministry concerns
- Fostering improved teaching in the field of Christian education at colleges and seminaries, equipping people for leadership in this field
- Promoting the assessment of our changing cultural context and of contemporary educational ministry needs, models, and trends
- Providing reviews of new books in the field of Christian education and other related disciplines that impact educational ministry.