featuring Dr. Joanne Jung Associate Professor of Biblical & Theological Studies
- What challenges face the church regarding small groups?
- What steps can a small group take to become more transformative?
- How can a small group leader incorporate the word soul into their discussion?
- How do we address safety in small groups and bring people to share on a more personal level?
- How do we bring God back into our small group ministry?
- How should small group leaders balance their work with God’s work?
- What steps can you take to form more transformative small groups in your local church?
featuring Dr. John Coe Professor of Philosophy and Spiritual Theology
Director of the Institute for Spiritual Formation
- What is spiritual formation or spiritual theology?
- Why has spiritual formation been misunderstood within the church?
- What can you do to begin your spiritual formation process?
- How to recruit more volunteers
- Equipping the layperson
- What if someone "retires?"
- Beyond the paid staff
- Biblical Literacy
- The language of the soul
- Bringing God back into the small group
- Issues of safety
- Obstacles to sermon preparation
- Are you aware of oral clarity?
- Is your audience tracking with you?
- Preparing a relevant message
- What is women's ministry?
- How is Talbot equipping women?
- What resources are available for those leading women's ministries?
- What's one piece of practical advice?
- Why is it so important to understand vocation & calling?
- What is the definition of "vocation" and "calling" — and how are they distinguished?
- What is some practical advice for discerning your vocation or calling?
- What advice would you have for someone who is not fulfilled in their work?
What are Talbot Talks?
Talbot Talks are an ongoing series of short videos featuring Talbot faculty, students and alumni. Each segment addresses a specific, relevant key issue facing those who serve in local church ministry today: youth pastors, small group leaders, teaching pastors and others.
FREE Resources & More Information
Ask for your free copy of Godly Conversation: Rediscovering the Puritan Practice of Conference by Dr. Joanne Jung!
Email: steve [dot] jin [at] biola [dot] edu
Phone: Steve Jin, 562-903-4752