featuring Nell Sunukjian Professor of Christian Ministry and Leadership
featuring Dr. John Coe Professor of Philosophy and Spiritual Theology
Director of the Institute for Spiritual Formation
- What is spiritual formation or spiritual theology?
- Why has spiritual formation been misunderstood within the church?
- What can you do to begin your spiritual formation process?
- How to recruit more volunteers
- Equipping the layperson
- What if someone "retires?"
- Beyond the paid staff
- Biblical Literacy
- The language of the soul
- Bringing God back into the small group
- Issues of safety
- Obstacles to sermon preparation
- Are you aware of oral clarity?
- Is your audience tracking with you?
- Preparing a relevant message
- What is women's ministry?
- How is Talbot equipping women?
- What resources are available for those leading women's ministries?
- What's one piece of practical advice?
- Why is it so important to understand vocation & calling?
- What is the definition of "vocation" and "calling" — and how are they distinguished?
- What is some practical advice for discerning your vocation or calling?
- What advice would you have for someone who is not fulfilled in their work?
What are Talbot Talks?
Talbot Talks are an ongoing series of short videos featuring Talbot faculty, students and alumni. Each segment addresses a specific, relevant key issue facing those who serve in local church ministry today: youth pastors, small group leaders, teaching pastors and others.
FREE Resources & More Information
Ask for your free copy of Godly Conversation: Rediscovering the Puritan Practice of Conference by Dr. Joanne Jung!
Email: steve [dot] jin [at] biola [dot] edu
Phone: Steve Jin, 562-903-4752